Senior UX/UI Designer
Axonista is operating a fully remote team at this time, this is a remote (working from home) position.
We're currently only accepting candidates from Ireland, Spain, France, or Croatia.
Founded in 2010, Axonista is a multi-award winning leading video technology company. Axonista powers interactive video shopping experiences for global media companies including QVC, HSN, WaterBear and Oxfam.
Axonista’s technology is used by hundreds of thousands of people across the world as organisations embrace the opportunities of video commerce. Using our technology platform, and our team's deep expertise, our customers can build, and deliver to market, any video-based product, from simple shoppable livestreams, to the most ambitious streaming services across all devices.
We’re a creative, collaborative team and we share an ambitious vision for the future of our company. We value delivering high quality work, no matter our role. We are passionate about helping our customers bring innovative, high quality video streaming services to market. We have a female CEO and a strong gender balance which we are always working to improve.
We are a team of 45 - and counting - located across Europe, with company operations headquartered in Ireland. Our customers are based in the US, and Europe, and we have plans to grow significantly over the next few years.
As Senior UX/UI Designer, you will work closely with all our customers to design exceptional interactive video based applications for both live and on-demand end user viewing. You will work on multiple projects that span across different devices and platforms such as responsive web, native phone / tablet apps, and TV platforms like Amazon Fire, tvOS, and Roku. You will do this as part of a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, managers, and researchers.
You will work closely with the teams to create solutions from a user centred design approach. This includes working with the research and business team to identify areas of value. Mapping potential solutions via diagramming and wire-framing. Building realistic prototypes to conduct user testing and concept validation on. Iterating designs based on feedback from test sessions and internal stakeholders. Producing high fidelity designs that are both user friendly and practical to implement.
This role is best suited for a designer interested in moving into a leadership role. We're expecting growth in the coming year which will open up a manager / leadership role for our customer design practice.
You're motivated by both team and personal success, you're a fast learner and passionate about technology. You're able to work effectively as part of a fully remote team, you're generally a happy human and you enjoy collaborating with other people, helping and challenging each other to get your collective best work done. You're confident in your abilities, and able to take ownership of delivering high-quality designs.
Must Have Experience
- 5+ years professional experience in a UX/UI role, ideally with consumer-focused products.
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong UX/UI skills.
- Experience using Figma (or similar) for creating high fidelity designs
- Experience using Miro (or similar) for creating diagrams.
- Experience using Framer (or similar) for creating prototypes.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, and an appetite for learning.
- Strong opinions, weakly held.
For Bonus Points
- Experience in design management or people management.
- Experience designing eCommerce interfaces / video players.
- Video editing / animation skills.
Perks & Benefits
- 25 days paid holidays
- 5 paid sick days per year
- Access to company Share Option Scheme (Ireland) or Exit Bonus Plan (Spain, Croatia, France)
- Health insurance contribution
- Contribution towards training and development
- Employee assistance programme (Company Health and Wellbeing Service)
- Quarterly Lab Days and Lab Hours– dedicated time to collaborate on innovative projects
- Regular online company social events
- Flexible working arrangements including temporary relocation.
- IFI annual membership
- Bike to work scheme (Ireland)
- Work From Home Allowance (Ireland)
We recognise that to do our best work, we need the best people, and the best people come from all walks of life. Diversity in ideas, background, and life experience is the key to innovation, and ultimately success. If you’d love to apply but aren’t sure about something, or feel you don't meet all the requirements, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss whether this role might be the right fit for you.
As a company we understand how important a healthy work life balance is, and we have supported remote working for the past 5 years.
Unfortunately at this time we don’t offer visa sponsorship.
Recruiters, apologies, we don’t require your help right now