Axonista is looking for an iOS Engineer to join our team in building the video-first future of commerce. We are operating a fully remote team at this time, so this is a remote (working from home) position, located in Ireland, Spain or Croatia. Visa Required.
Founded in 2010, Axonista is a multi-award winning leading video technology company. Axonista powers interactive video shopping experiences for global media companies including QVC, HSN, WaterBear and Oxfam.
Axonista’s technology is used by hundreds of thousands of people across the world as organisations embrace the opportunities of video commerce. Using our technology platform, and our team's deep expertise, our customers can build, and deliver to market, any video-based product, from simple shoppable livestreams, to the most ambitious streaming services across all devices.
We’re a creative, collaborative team and we share an ambitious vision for the future of our company. We value delivering high quality work, no matter our role. We are passionate about helping our customers bring innovative, high quality video streaming services to market. We have a female CEO and a strong gender balance which we are always working to improve.
We are a team of 45 - and counting - located across Europe, with company operations headquartered in Ireland. Our customers are based in the US, and Europe, and we have plans to grow significantly over the next few years.
Who you are
We are looking for a developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers and designers to build the next generation of our applications and SDKs.
You're motivated by both team and personal success, you're a fast learner and passionate about technology.
Able to work effectively remotely, you're generally a happy human and like talking to other people to get work done. You're confident in your ability and able to take ownership of delivering high-quality software.
What you'll be doing
You will be building iOS, iPadOS, tvOS apps and SDKs which are used to serve billions of views to millions of customers all around the globe and ensuring apps are built with a high level of reliability, consistency and code quality. You will be working with a team that is inventing the future of video commerce.
You will be joining a team of 34 engineers in a company of 45 with a constant flow of work in different industries and technologies. The work is interesting, fast-paced, and varied - from replacing some UIKit code with SwiftUI to working with backend engineers to define APIs and Caching strategies to deliver planet-scale streaming video. Axonista is renowned for delivering visually stunning applications across web, mobile and TV that exceed customers and viewers expectations, and you will be responsible for continuing this high standard. You will be working with a team that is inventing the future of video commerce.
The role requires
- 2-3 years working on native iOS applications.
- Deep knowledge of Apple Frameworks.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Apple Human Interface Guidelines.
- Knowledge of the main software design architectures and patterns.
- Knowledge of the general mobile landscape, trends and emerging technologies.
- Experience using version control, build pipelines and deploying mobile applications.
- Experience writing and maintaining Unit and UI Tests.
- Excellent command of the English language - strong verbal and written skills.
- Some initial working knowledge of SwiftUI and Combine.
- Experience working with AVFoundation and AVKit.
- Experience developing apps written in Objective-C.
- Experience creating and maintaining SDKs used by other developers.
- Contributions to open-source projects.
- One or more apps published to the App Store.
- 25 days paid holidays
- 5 paid sick days per year
- Access to the Employee Share Option Scheme (or country equivalent)
- Health insurance contribution (country specific)
- Contribution towards training and development
- Enhanced Maternity Leave Benefit
- Employee Assistance Programme (Company Health and Wellbeing Service)
- Quarterly Lab Days and Lab Hours– dedicated time to collaborate on innovative projects
- Regular online and in-person company social events
- Flexible working arrangements including remote working and temporary relocation.
- IFI annual membership
- Bike to work scheme (Ireland)
We're Axonista, an award-winning video technology company, working with some of the world’s most forward thinking media companies and brands. Using our technology platform, and our team's deep expertise, our customers can build, and deliver to market, any video-based product, from simple shoppable livestreams, to the most ambitious streaming services across all devices. Our customers operate on the global stage, and include QVC, HSN, WaterBear, Virgin Media, and the Irish Film Institute.
We’re a creative, collaborative team and we share an ambitious vision for the future of our company. We value delivering high quality work, no matter our role. We are passionate about helping our customers bring innovative, high quality video streaming services to market. We are a team of 45 people, distributed across multiple locations. We have a female CEO and a strong gender balance which we are always working to improve. Our company operations are managed from Dublin, but our company has team members based across Europe.
We recognise that to do our best work, we need the best people, and the best people come from all walks of life. Diversity in ideas, background, and life experience is the key to innovation, and ultimately success. If you’d love to apply but aren’t sure about something, or feel you don't meet all the requirements, get in touch at email@example.com and we can discuss whether this role might be the right fit for you.
As a company we understand how important a healthy work life balance is, and we have supported remote working for the past 5 years.
Unfortunately at this time we don’t offer visa sponsorship.
Recruiters, apologies, we don’t require your help right now