Android Tech Lead
Axonista is looking for an Android Tech Lead to join our team in developing the world's leading video commerce and streaming platform. We are operating a fully remote team at this time, so this is a remote (working from home) position, located in Ireland.
Founded in 2010, Axonista is a multi-award winning leading video technology company. Axonista powers interactive video shopping experiences for global media companies including QVC, HSN, WaterBear and Oxfam.
Axonista’s technology is used by hundreds of thousands of people across the world as organisations embrace the opportunities of video commerce. Using our technology platform, and our team's deep expertise, our customers can build, and deliver to market, any video-based product, from simple shoppable livestreams, to the most ambitious streaming services across all devices.
We’re a creative, collaborative team and we share an ambitious vision for the future of our company. We value delivering high quality work, no matter our role. We are passionate about helping our customers bring innovative, high quality video streaming services to market. We have a female CEO and a strong gender balance which we are always working to improve.
We are a team of 45 - and counting - located across Europe, with company operations headquartered in Ireland. Our customers are based in the US, and Europe, and we have plans to grow significantly over the next few years.
Who you are
You've been developing native Android apps for at least 5 years and have a proven successful team or tech lead experience. You're motivated by both team and personal success, you're a fast learner and passionate about technology.
Able to work effectively remotely, you're generally a happy human and enjoy talking to other people to get work done. You're confident in your ability and able to take ownership of delivering high-quality Android apps and frameworks.
You have led small projects already and are confident as a technical leader - ready to mentor other engineers and participate at a senior level in projects.
You already know how best to deliver software into production, and have demonstrable experience of full Android apps development cycle.
What you'll be doing
You will be building Android mobile and TV applications which serve billions of views to millions of customers all around the globe.
You will be joining a team of twenty-eight engineers in a company of fifty with a constant flow of varied and interesting work in different industries and technologies.
Typical duties might include:
- Developing and debugging apps for Android phones, tablets, AndroidTV and FireTV devices
- Reviewing code of other developers
- Writing technical documentation
- Architecting and documenting internal Android framework
- Providing technical expertise during internal and external meetings
- Mentoring more junior developers
- Helping to automate apps deliveries (working with CI/CD)
The role requires
Axonista Studios is renowned for delivering visually stunning applications across web, mobile and TV that exceed customers and viewers expectations, and you will be responsible for continuing this high standard.
You will be working with a team that is inventing the future of video commerce and interactive storytelling. Ideally, you will have the following:
- At least five years Android development experience
- Solid Kotlin and Java knowledge
- Solid knowledge and practical experience of main software architecture patterns
- Good algorithms and data structures knowledge
- Understanding of Material Design Guidelines
- Experience in full app development lifecycle, from requirements gathering to Google Play Store submission.
- Understanding of REST API
You are expected to have a blend of working and expert knowledge in the following areas:
- Jetpack Library
- Material Design Components
- Retrofit 2
- Clean Architecture
- Agile project experience - Scrum & Kanban
- Knowledge of Exo-player and Leanback libraries
- Experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Development for AndroidTV and/or FireTV
- Knowledge in video / streaming technologies
- Development for other platforms (web, iOS, React Native)
- Video authoring / storytelling / broadcasting / e-sports interest
- Personal growth, training budget.
- Working from home allowance.
- Health insurance contribution.
- Enhanced Maternity Leave Benefit.
- Quarterly Lab Days – dedicated time to collaborate on innovative projects.
- Company social events.
- Flexible working arrangements including remote working.
- Bike to work scheme.
- IFI annual membership.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Access to the Employee Share Option Scheme.
We're Axonista, an award-winning video technology company, working with some of the world’s most forward thinking media companies and brands. Using our technology platform, and our team's deep expertise, our customers can build, and deliver to market, any video-based product, from simple shoppable livestreams, to the most ambitious streaming services across all devices. Our customers operate on the global stage, and include QVC, HSN, WaterBear, Virgin Media, and the Irish Film Institute.
We’re a creative, collaborative team and we share an ambitious vision for the future of our company. We value delivering high quality work, no matter our role. We are passionate about helping our customers bring innovative, high quality video streaming services to market. We are a team of 45 people, distributed across multiple locations. We have a female CEO and a strong gender balance which we are always working to improve. Our company operations are managed from Dublin, but our company has team members based across Europe.
We recognise that to do our best work, we need the best people, and the best people come from all walks of life. Diversity in ideas, background, and life experience is the key to innovation, and ultimately success. If you’d love to apply but aren’t sure about something, or feel you don't meet all the requirements, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss whether this role might be the right fit for you.
As a company we understand how important a healthy work life balance is, and we have supported remote working for the past 5 years.
Unfortunately at this time we don’t offer visa sponsorship.
Recruiters, apologies, we don’t require your help right now