We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team in developing the world's leading video commerce and streaming platform. This role is remote-first with some travel required for company events and is open to applicants in Ireland.
Who you are
You've been delivering infrastructure and processes for Cloud applications for at least the last twelve months. You're motivated by both team and personal success, you're a fast learner and passionate about technology.
Able to work effectively remotely, you're generally a happy human and enjoy talking to other people to get work done. You're confident in your ability and able to deliver enterprise-level CI/CD driven infrastructure.
You already have experience delivering software into production and are able to manage AWS infrastructure using Terraform.
You are looking to hone your skills in DevOps in a modern complex environment with an exciting market leader.
What you'll be doing
Working in the TechOps department alongside other DevOps specialists and infrastructure architects, you will be building and running infrastructure to support our core video CMS product 'Ediflo' which serves billions of views to millions of customers all around the globe.
You will be joining a team of twenty-eight engineers in a company of fifty with a constant flow of varied and interesting work in different industries and technologies.
Typical duties might include:
- Building infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Implementing caching and security policies for planet-scale streaming solutions
- Building dashboards and telemetry systems
- Refactoring software and infrastructure to meet performance and compliance requirements
- Initially, migrating micro-services from Google Cloud and deploying into AWS
- Participation in the on-call rota
The role requires:
- At least two years of programming experience in one or more languages
- Experience with various markup and data languages
- Experience with containers, Serverless and edge computing
- Experience with HTTP Caching
- Understanding of security principles in modern software
- Knowledgeable about SQL and NoSQL databases
Axonista Studios is renowned for delivering visually stunning applications across web, mobile and TV that exceed customers and viewers expectations. The successful candidate will be responsible for continuing this high standard, working with a team that is inventing the future of video commerce and interactive storytelling.
We work with a host of technologies and languages. You are expected to have a blend of working and expert knowledge in the following areas:
- Elastic search
- S3 lifecycle management
- Serverless framework
- IPv4 networking
- Elastic Search
- ELK stack
- Service-Oriented Architecture
- Infrastructure security
- Git & Gitlab
- Agile project experience - Scrum & Kanban
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Understanding of Jamstack architectural principles
- Craft CMS experience
- Experience with Shopify & CScart
- Understanding of UML design and design patterns
- Any experience with PubNub (PubSub communication)
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Experience with FFMPEG and m3u8 packagers e.g. Shaka packager
- Experience with streaming servers e.g. Kaltura, Icecast, Wowza etc
- Video authoring / storytelling / broadcasting / e-sports interest
- Interest in cutting edge web technologies
- Personal growth, training budget
- Working from home allowance
- Health insurance contribution
- Enhanced Maternity Leave Benefit
- Quarterly Lab Days – dedicated time to collaborate on innovative projects
- Company social events
- Flexible working arrangements including remote working
- Bike to work scheme
- IFI annual membership
- Employee assistance programme
- Access to the Axonista Employee Share Option Scheme
We’re Axonista, an award-winning video technology product company working with some of the world’s most forward-thinking media companies and brands. Using our technology, our customers can launch, manage and distribute video streaming apps. Our customers are global and include QVC, HSN, Virgin Media Ireland, and the IFI Player.
We’re a creative, collaborative team and we share an ambitious vision for the future of our company. We value delivering high-quality work, no matter our role. We are passionate about helping our customers bring innovative, high-quality video streaming services to market. We are a team of 40 people, distributed across multiple locations. We have a female CEO and a strong gender balance which we are always working to improve. Our company operations are managed from Dublin, but our company has team members across Europe.
We recognise that to do our best work we need the best people, and the best people come from all walks of life. Diversity in ideas, background, and life experience is the key to innovation, and ultimately success. If you’d love to apply but aren’t sure about something, or feel you don't meet all the requirements, get in touch at email@example.com and we can discuss whether this role might be the right fit for you.
As a company, we understand how important a healthy work-life balance is, and we have supported remote working for the past 5 years.
Unfortunately at this time, we don’t offer visa sponsorship.
Recruiters, apologies, we don’t require your help right now