Roku Software Engineer
Axonista is operating a fully remote team at this time, this is a remote (working from home) position.
We're currently only accepting candidates from Ireland, Spain, France, or Croatia.
Founded in 2010, Axonista is a multi-award winning leading video technology company. Axonista powers interactive video shopping experiences for global media companies including QVC, HSN, WaterBear and Oxfam.
Axonista’s technology is used by hundreds of thousands of people across the world as organisations embrace the opportunities of video commerce. Using our technology platform, and our team's deep expertise, our customers can build, and deliver to market, any video-based product, from simple shoppable livestreams, to the most ambitious streaming services across all devices.
We’re a creative, collaborative team and we share an ambitious vision for the future of our company. We value delivering high quality work, no matter our role. We are passionate about helping our customers bring innovative, high quality video streaming services to market. We have a female CEO and a strong gender balance which we are always working to improve.
We are a team of 45 - and counting - located across Europe, with company operations headquartered in Ireland. Our customers are based in the US, and Europe, and we have plans to grow significantly over the next few years.
We are looking for a Roku Software Engineer to join our internal product team developing one of the world's leading video CMS and streaming platforms.
This role will suit a software developer with at least 2 years of Roku development experience.
You've been developing software applications for at least the last two years. You're motivated by both team and personal success, you're a fast learner and passionate about technology.
You're able to work effectively remotely, you're generally a happy human and like talking to other people to get work done. You're confident in your ability and able to learn new skills and develop into a great software engineer.
You may have recently graduated from university or come from a completely different background.
You're open to learning new technologies.
What the role involves
You will be building innovative and beautiful OTT and video commerce experiences for major media brands - servicing millions of users all over the world.
You will be joining a team of 19 engineers in a company of 35 with a constant flow of varied and exciting work in different industries and technologies. The work is interesting, fast-paced, and varied:
- Developing world class video commerce applications for Axonista customers
- Producing Software Development Kits for internal and external users
- Working in tightly knit teams with experts in Roku to foster learning and pave the way for steep professional growth
Axonista is renowned for delivering visually stunning applications across web, mobile and TV that exceed customers' and viewers' expectations, and you will be responsible for continuing this high standard. You will be working with a team that is inventing the future of content curation, interactive video storytelling and video commerce.
Must Have Experience
- At least two years of experience in Roku development
- Solid knowledge of BrightScript and SceneGraph framework
- Experience in submitting Roku applications
- Understanding of video advertising (RAF, VAST, VMAP)
- An understanding of and experience in writing Unit Tests for Roku applications
- Knowledge of basic software architecture patterns e.g. MVC, MVVM etc.
- Experience in client-server communication (REST API, XML, JSON)
- An understanding of security principles in modern software
- An understanding of UML design and design patterns
- A willingness to learn new technologies
For bonus points
- Experience in iOS, Android or Web development
- Experience with writing Unit Tests
- Experience with Shopify
- Interest in mobile & video technologies
Perks & Benefits
- Access to Company share option scheme
- Up to 25 days paid holidays
- Working from home allowance
- Health insurance contribution
- Enhanced Maternity Leave Benefit
- Employee assistance programme
- Quarterly Lab Days – dedicated time to collaborate on innovative projects
- Regular company social events
- Flexible working arrangements including remote working
- Bike to work scheme (Ireland)
- IFI annual membership (Ireland)
We're Axonista, an award-winning video technology company, working with some of the world’s most forward thinking media companies and brands. Using our technology platform, and our team's deep expertise, our customers can build, and deliver to market, any video-based product, from simple shoppable livestreams, to the most ambitious streaming services across all devices. Our customers operate on the global stage, and include QVC, HSN, WaterBear, Virgin Media, and the Irish Film Institute.
We’re a creative, collaborative team and we share an ambitious vision for the future of our company. We value delivering high quality work, no matter our role. We are passionate about helping our customers bring innovative, high quality video streaming services to market. We are a team of 40 people, distributed across multiple locations. We have a female CEO and a strong gender balance which we are always working to improve. Our company operations are managed from Dublin, but our company has team members based across Europe.
We recognise that to do our best work, we need the best people, and the best people come from all walks of life. Diversity in ideas, background, and life experience is the key to innovation, and ultimately success. If you’d love to apply but aren’t sure about something, or feel you don't meet all the requirements, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss whether this role might be the right fit for you.
As a company we understand how important a healthy work life balance is, and we have supported remote working for the past 5 years.
Unfortunately at this time we don’t offer visa sponsorship.
Recruiters, apologies, we don’t require your help right now